Re: FRONT (NOT Rear) Shock Access for Lotii

To: "Dick Rasmussen" <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: FRONT (NOT Rear) Shock Access for Lotii
From: "Jay Mitchell" <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2000 03:55:06 -0500
Dick Rasmussen wrote:

>On the Europas I've owned and seen, the clearance between the
top of the
>eyelet and the bodywork, especially after the bushings compress,
is
>essentially zero.

On Europas, it's actually the chassis that the shock will rub
against if the bushing compresses sufficiently. An Elan will
probably do the same thing. If the fiberglass wound up being
penetrated, it would have to be the frame sheetmetal that went
through, not the shock bushing. A Europa's chassis is stiff
enough in this area that such an occurrence would be very
unlikely (and very scary).

Jay "got shiny spots on my chassis but no holes in the
fiberglass" Mitchell