Re: Nationals: What to look for?

To: Christopher Hammond <christoc@mail.christoc.com>
Subject: Re: Nationals: What to look for?
From: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 08:12:01 -0700
1. It's huge. Really huge. Really very huge. Did I mention it's huge?
Parking may be far away by the time you get there, unless your
class/region/buddy has roped off or marked off parking areas. By the
same token, do not park your car in an area that is claimed already. You
may end up parking far enough away that walking to the event main area
is out of the question. In other words, you will drive to the concession
stand.

2. There are concession stands with good food and drinks.

3. There is not much shade, plan accordingly. Drink lots of
fluids....oh, there are lots of Portable toilets scattered around.

4. Weather in Kansas can be anything at this time of year. Be prepared
for anything. Anything.

5. Walk the course a lot. A lot. 2 times in NOT a lot. Trust me..I know.

6. You may hear references to a place called "Baby Dolls". It is not a
maternity or toy store. It is an 'adult exotic dance establishment'
located on Topeka Blvd just north of Forbes field. Some people may
choose to meet there at certain times as a grope..er..group activity.
Bring small bills...it is bad form to ask a dancer for change. 8)

7. There is a laundry place north of 470 on the west side of Topeka
Blvd. You can do your own clothes here, or better yet is paying a small
charge to have the
people there wash, dry, and fold your clothes. This is really a cool way
to go if you don't mind dropping a few bills....you did save some money
from Baby Dolls, didn't you?

8. Take part in the social activities that are offered (but walk the
course!). One of the main reasons to attend Nats is the people there.

9. There are car washes on Topeka north of Forbes, including do it
yourself coin spray types.

10. Remember, it's more serious, but the main focus still should be on
having a good time.

11. It's huge.

Randy Chase (going to Topeka this year)
'91 MR2 CS