Fwd: Spokes: Keizer Wheels / Buyer Beware (please read)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Spokes: Keizer Wheels / Buyer Beware (please read)
From: RX7cat@aol.com
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 20:54:12 EDT
Forwarded at the request of Dan Pedroza

In a message dated 8/8/00 10:40:38 AM Central Daylight Time,
dan@mazdasouth.com writes:

<< Hey all,

 This is just a public service announcement for those of you considering to
 purchase from Keizer Aluminum Wheels.
 "Just the fax ma'am!"

 This has been an ongoing battle that I have had with Keizer Aluminum
 Wheels, and just when I thought it was resolved, it turns ugly.

 At the beginning of February of this year I began to look for a good set of
 13x9" wheels for my CSP '99 Miata.  After not getting many responses from
 their dealers, I contacted Keizer myself about purchasing them directly and
 they said that I could get them at wholesale price through my business, The
 M Road,  if i were to purchase as a dealer for Keizer.  Minimum initial
 buy-in was $2,000.00.  I agreed.

 On 2/22/00 I received a set of 13 x 9 wheels, mag centers with 5.5"
 backspace for my '99 Miata.  These are the wheels with the magnesium
 centers.  They were then shipped back and forth with Keizer because of
 fitting problems with the hub.  By early April the wheels finally fit the
 '99 Miata hub correctly and were ready to be used at their first event.

 On April 15-16 I competed at the DFW National Tour for its first
 competition.  On Day 1, Run #2, the front passenger side wheel mag center
 cracked while on course.  As a result, my caliper, rotor, dustshield and
 lip of my fender was damaged.

 The following Monday I wrote to Keizer (kaw@mtcnet.net) regarding the
 incident along with 8 images of the broken wheel and damaged vehicle.  My
 final paragraph to them is quoted as follows:

    "Please take the time to review the pictures with the other folks at
 Keizer.  I'd like to give you guys the chance to make this right by doing
 the right thing.  I must admit, though, that because of this incident I
 cannot confidently use or sell these magnesium center wheels.  I hope you
 guys will reconsider the design of the wheel before selling more of
 them...." [the pictures referenced can be seen at the link below]

 I then called Kevin, my sales rep, letting him know of the situation and he
 would advise the owner, Wes.   On a bright note, Kevin understood my
 concerns and stated to me numerous times that I would receive my money back
 from the buy-in.  I told him that I would deal with the damage to my car
 myself as I work for a Mazda dealership and can get parts at employee
 price.  He assured me my account would be credited.  He also stated that
 this is the first experience they've had with a broken wheel.

 Then things began to turn sour.

 On April 22 I received an email from Joe Cheng of Vancouver, Canada,
 advising me of the problem with Keizer mag center wheels.  He said that he
 had a wheel break on his CSP Civic as a result of a design flaw in his
 opinion.  He warned me about selling them on my website.

 This disturbed me for a number of reasons:

    1.  I was told by Keizer that i was the only incident of a broken wheel.
    2.  Keizer KNOWINGLY sold me a set of wheels that they KNEW were
defective
 from their experience with Joe.

 Since day one of this incident I have only been demanding my buy-in money
 back as I have lost all confidence in their product.  I am also not happy
 with their practice of not informing their dealer representatives of the
 problems with the wheel.

 Yesterday I had a disturbing phone call with one of their employees after I
 called them for the 5th time asking where my credit was.  They advised me
 that they made the decision NOT to credit my account.  I was told that I
 did a dealer buy-in and could not be expected to get my money back due to
 one defective product.   The ironic thing is that this purchase was my ONLY
 product purchased from them.  I asked to speak with Wes.  He was not in so
 I left a message.  He has not returned my phone call.

 At this point I am no longer interested in getting my buy-in money back
 ($2,000.00).  Because of their knowing and willing decision to send me
 defective product I am looking to pursue this in a court of law, if
 necessary, looking for reimbursement not only for the buy-in amount but
 also for the damage to my caliper, rotor, dustshield and fender.

 IT's been over four months since this began and I have kept this incident
 under wraps from the public because I was certain they would make things
 right with both the consumer and myself.  I worked closely with Kevin to
 make sure of the fit and was actually grateful for the precision he placed
 on making sure they'd fit my Miata!   But, after numerous phone calls with
 Kevin, who assured me the credit to my account would happen "today", as
 well as my previous conversation with them yesterday, it is clear that they
 have no desire to make things right.
 Pictures of the damage can be seen here:
 http://www.mroad.com/simunye_projects_april00tour.html (i apologize for the
 graininess of the images.  I got hit by the i love you virus and it killed
 my .jpg files and all i had were the .gif files of the wheels) (i also
 apologize to Tom Holt and Gary Alexander seen in one of the pics for
 allowing the public to see what ugly people we have in Spokes ;)

 BUYER BEWARE when purchasing from Keizer Aluminum Wheels.