Fw: Asphalt Index

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: Asphalt Index
From: "Dave Whitworth" <dave@wcsllc.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:45:27 -0500
Eric,

I'll post this publicly to avoid  pi$$ing on anybody else's wheaties :)  My
point (and Andy's) wasn't specific to the last event or any particular event
except those on asphalt.  It was a general thought, with data gathered by
Andy over several years of autocrossing to back up the thesis.  It was NOT
meant as a detraction on your course or driving (Good Job, BTW)

Getting FTD and placing first on the Index are 2 separate things.  Scott
Whittle did get FTD, but only placed 42nd on the index.  That means that the
index wasn't accurate for THAT PARTICULAR COURSE.  It did not mean that we
should throw out the index.  I just got Andy thinking (and me too when
presented with the idea) which resulted in trying the "asphalt" index on
other results, which resulted in similar changes in position for cars on
slicks.

Once again, I was trying to start a creative discussion, not a stock vs. mod
war

Dave