Oregon autocross?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Oregon autocross?
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 03:56:04 -0600 (MDT)
Do any of you folks from the Portland, Oregon area know if there may be an
autocross event scheduled for Sunday, August 6th?  I should be in that
area with the Killer Spit in tow.  The annual Vintage Triumph Register
convention will be in the area, runs from wednesday the 2nd to saturday
night.

If you live in the Portland area, you may want to mosey over to the PIR track
thursday morning, August 3rd.  We'll be having the VTR autocross that day.  It
can be fairly entertaining.  Most likely there will be on the order of 100
folks who make the event.  About 80 of them will fall into the class of having
done 0-1 autocrosses in the N years.  Great fun to watch them work through the
cones in 50 year old technology.  There will be a handful of folks who have
some real autocross experience, who show up with their own helmets, change
their tires, or at least pump up the pressure.  And of course, there will be
maybe a half dozen or so drivers such as myself, who've done this a few times.

The current plan is to zip out of town early sunday a.m., but if there happened
to be an event nearby...

mjb.

ps:  Expect a message soon about list admin stuff while I am out of town.