Am I nuts?

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Am I nuts?
From: "Moore, John" <jmoore@spyglass.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 13:58:03 -0500
        My STS SE-R has a strange problem where the MAF voltage gets erradic
between 2000 and 3000 RPM when part throttle. If I remove the K&N filter on
the end of the Cold Air Intake, the problem goes away. I assume that the
filter must be causing turbulent air flow past the MAF during that
particular RPM range. It has had this problem ever since I put the Cold Air
Intake on. When I call up several shops to try and find a different filter
to use, everyone is telling me I'm nuts and that the filter can't cause
this?
        So the question is "am i nuts" ?

John Moore
1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R (STS)
1993 Toyota MR2 NA (CS)

"I dont want the statistics, just the truth!"