Re: Wendover surface?

To: Randy Chase <randyc2@home.com>
Subject: Re: Wendover surface?
From: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 07:14:31 -0600
>Hi, Can someone please let me know about the abrasiveness at Wendover?
>Specifically, I am bringing the same Hoosiers I ran at Lemoore...and I
>need to know if I should be aiming for that bonus challenge...or not.
>:-)

Wendover is pretty harsh on tires, but you should be able to make it
through the event if you only did Lemoore on your Hooters depending on
what type of wear your car/driving style has.  I used my same tires from
Lemoore at our "mock pro" at Bendover (only 8 runs) and then got two
more events (6 runs and 4 runs on easy asphalt) before cording.  I also
had two other events (4 runs each on asphalt) between Lemoore and the
mock pro as well.

If you want to be 100% safe, I'd bring extras, but if you want to
gamble, well it is Wendover :)

Hope that helps,
Todd