Re: Evulution McKamey division thoughts..

To: solo2inseattle@wa.freei.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Evulution McKamey division thoughts..
From: Popsracr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2000 09:10:57 EDT
In a message dated 07/03/2000 1:18:23 AM Central Daylight Time,
solo2inseattle@wa.freei.net writes:

<< Most of the people I talked to got a bit slower after McKamey, anyone got
 really, stinking filthy, dirty cone carnage runs after?  What did you do?  I
 was smooth, looked ahead, thought ahead, didn't chase times..  coned every
 single run tho!!! :-( >>

All those concepts are the things you need just to drive quickly.  Hitting
cones means you need to make some timing adjustments in your style.  Now you
need to work on placement and controlled aggressiveness.  Don't overdrive the
car and brake early so you don't have too much speed before a transition.
Seat time is going to be key to getting the feel of predictability.

Try running events held at the largest sites you can find and go to Div and
Nat. Tour events if possible.  Also pay attention to the best drivers and
their style no matter what car they drive.  Sometimes you can learn al lot
just from paying close attention to their style.

Jim