#259 Whatza DTN?

To: "Teamdotnet" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: #259 Whatza DTN?
From: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 20:32:19 -0400
I was cleaning the email folders and found this, might be worthwhile to
resend this from pZ.
Looks like we need to get this up to speed now.

Matt Murray
Post #259
mattm@optonline.net

pZ wrote in 1999:
DTN stands for "Driver to Nationals."  A few years back, Matt Murray
suggested, half jokingly that we all chip in and send Phil Ethier to Kansas
for the Solo II Nationals.  Phil had been a good doobie for a long time on
Team.Net and had never been to Nationals.  We collected around $800, he
went, and drove Roger Johnson's Corvette.

Someone, I think Phil, came up with the idea of making this a yearly thing.
So next year, we collected money and sent Mark Bradakis (man, hope I spelt
it correctly!), and the next year we did it again, send me, Paul Karnack,
and I drove Paul Brown's GS Knife.

Who qualifies?

To be DTN several things should be true:

1) The person must be a long time member of Team.Net and have been useful
on Team.Net.
2) The person must _never_  have competed in the Solo II Nationals and will
probably never go.
3) The person should have demonstrated, over the years, a willingness to
help out their region or regions (or club or whatever) at a local level.

How do we pick the DTN?  Well, the previous year's DTN handles it, but it
always done in approximately the same way.  This year I'm opening
nominations now, June 15th, I'll keep them open until July 1.  I will then
publish the list of nominees, and open the voting.  Voting will take 2
weeks.  Then I'll publish the winner!

pZ
--
Paul Karnack