New guy, online forums

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: New guy, online forums
From: "Christopher Hammond" <christoc@mail.christoc.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 22:06:41 -0400
http://www.christoc.com/forums/

Well, I have to say, signing up for the autocross list this morning has changed
my day, do any of your people work?  I check my email all day, and every time I
do so there is a message or two from the list!

Here's what I have seen, a lot of you are unhappy with things, well, I am new
to the SCCA so I can't argue against what you guys say, but damn everyone seems
to bitch a lot.

I do have a question for anyone, is there a need for an online forum, somewhere
like this list, where people can post/reply to various topics on a page, not on
email?

I have created such a forum, and am trying to figure out how to get the word
out.  I realize that there are 850+ people on this list, and some of you are
bound to see this, so I am getting some of the word out, but where else can I
publicize this?

http://www.christoc.com/forums/

I am only doing this because I haven't been able to find an out put like this
on the net.

I do not intend to steal any users from this list, and I don't plan on removing
my account, but I want to offer my forums as another option for people.  One
pro I have noticed so far today, using my forum you check the messages whenever
you want, and read what you want, with this list you get like 50+ emails a day
to go through!

Please help me out, let me know what I should change, where I should advertise,
etc....

Chris Hammond
http://www.christoc.com/forums/

--