Re: Wendover Site Info?

To: "Brian Fitzpatrick" <bfitz1@home.com>
Subject: Re: Wendover Site Info?
From: Todd Green <tag@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2000 14:55:17 -0600
>I'm thinking about driving out to the Wendover ProSolo, but I'd like to
>know a little more about the site.

I would consider it to be Salt Lake/Utah Regions's second best site that
we use for Solo events, second only to the E Center.  The downside is
that it is 120 miles from SLC.  The plus side is that we don't have to
race through smashed beer bottles and vomit after a Nine Inch Nails
concert ;)

>Is it concrete or asphalt?  Is it in good condition?

Concrete.  It is an old WWII airfield, so the concrete is thick, but
fairly old and does have its deteriorating sections.  Never fear, we pour
100's (if not 1,000's) of pounds of concrete there every year to make
sure there is a good path through the course.

>Is it large enough to have large, fast courses?

We run Solo Trials out there every year.  I hit 90+ in my M3.  Of course
the Pro format will be shorter with the large area needed for
grid/paddock and the mirror courses, but 60mph+ is not out of the question.

>Anything else I should know?

Yeah, bring sun screen and water.  LOTS of it.

Todd