Re: Air Canada Flight 174

To: "Autox List" <Autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Air Canada Flight 174
From: "Cliff Loh" <cliff_loh@infoserve.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 22:10:24 -0700
From: rase@canada.com

>On Thu, 22 June 2000, "Phil Ethier" wrote:
>
>> Gimili, Manitoba, just like they said on the show.   It was
thereafter known
>> as the Gimili Glider.
>>
>> No, I was not there.  I heard that there were actually drag races
at the
>> time.  The movie looks like vintage racing or vintage autoslalom.
>> Autoslalom (the Canadian word for autocross) events have been
common at the
>> side for decades, I think.

>Yes.....there is a 1.3 mile road course there, 1/4 mi. drag strip, a
kart racing area and a solo II area (where the Canadian National
>Championships will be held Aug. 18-20, 2000 - about 200 ' x
2600'.....will be two courses run simultaneously).  During the CDN
Nationals >there will be a kart racing event, a vintage road race  and
the solo II event.....plenty of action.

I got word from Howard Duncan that the SEB has made the Canadian
National Autoslalom Championship and eligible event to be used as a
qualifier for Topeka.  This has not appeared in Fastrack but Howard
can confirm it.  So if there's anyone who cannot make it to the Rocky
Mountain National Tour on that same weekend, you may consider CNAC as
an alternative.

http://cnac2000.erc.bc.ca

-c. National Director, CNAC
Cliff Loh, Vancouver, B.C. CANADA
"I started out with nothing & still have most of it left."
cliff_loh@infoserve.net,
inbred_hick@yahoo.com (alternate)