Re: the whole NT/participation thing

To: johneagan@toltbbs.com
Subject: Re: the whole NT/participation thing
From: Stephen Bernard <solo-2@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 21:04:21 -0400
> Don't
> raise an uproar about how national level events should be open to
> every
> peasant like me just so you can say "look, ma, I'm in the big
> time!".
> What's the point? All it does is make it more of a pain for the
> people
> who might have travelled 1000 miles or more to get there and might
> be
> spending deep into five figures a year to do this stuff.

I see your point but the Home office is pushing for
1,000 in 2000. I like the Tour it was fun and gave a taste of
what Topeka would be like. I know I'm not even close to good
enough to even think about running at Topeka.
The home office is pushing for big numbers tho.
Right now for me it's just more seat time and I'm not about to
drive to Topeka for that.
I don't think that Solo 2 Nationals should be limited to those with
big budgets, 6 figure motor coachs and ultra spiffy top dog cars.
The more people who show up to play, the better.
If the home office wants to limit events to say 500 at the Nationals
then they will have to stop people from pre-registering and then
cancelling.
Maybe the Nationals should be limited to the top 20 drivers from
each region.
I don't see a way to cut down the numbers without shutting some
people out. But maybe TPTB will get some ideas from all this.

Steve Bernard
Red '99 Miata (B-Stock)
NER Region (Novice Class)
mailto:Solo-2@juno.com