Re: Re-class a Miata for +15hp!!!!!!!!

To: richw1@mediaone.net
Subject: Re: Re-class a Miata for +15hp!!!!!!!!
From: Stephen Bernard <solo-2@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 11:00:20 -0400
> Actually what I stated is that the MR2 reaches its max torque
> earlier that the Miata.

I'm confused are we talking about the older MR2 or the new
MR Spyder?

> As far as comparing Macpherson strut vs Double wishbone, the older
> MR2's don't seem to have a problem competing.  Toyota has been making
the
> Sturt suspension work very well for years.  Out of two comparasins on
the
> track between the Miata and the MR2 Spyder the Miata won 1 and the MR2
> Spyder won
> 1.  This is still yet to be proved in autoX due to the limited
> number of cars but it wil get interesting very quick,

Yes on the track the MR Spyder won but it was also stated that the
Miata did better on the twisty parts.
However we do need to see them out on the course and
being a limited edition they will not have the sheer numbers
that the Miata does.
I agree it will be very interesting when they do get out there.

Steve Bernard
Red '99 Miata (B-Stock)
NER Region (Novice Class)
mailto:Solo-2@juno.com