RE: Online registration

To: "'Ross Sponholtz'" <rsponhol@swbell.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Online registration
From: "Alex Dresko" <adresko@3pointoh.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 09:52:30 -0400
If anyone is curious, we're already developing such a system where I work.
It'll be PERFECT for SCCA type events.

Basically, a division leader would go into our site and create a race. The
creation form includes things like registration start date, final
registration date, max registrants, etc.. THEN, any registered user on the
system just needs to locate the race they want to be in and click "sign-up".
At this point, the signup may or may not accept credit card payments for the
race. If so, fees will be roughly $20 to create a race (since litterally
anyone can do this, we didn't want to have too much bogus information on the
site), and 1$ per registrant.

Here's where things get really cool. After the final registration date, the
person who create the race (race admin) can download a MS Access database
containing all the registrants. If there are race-day signups, those people
can be entered easily into the database as well.

Next, durning the race, enter the times into the database with the form
system that is built into the database.

Finally, when the race is said and done with, return to the website (as the
race admin) and upload the database to the system through a webpage. The
system will then display the results in a clean, organized fasion for all to
see.

There is actually a LOT more involved with this system that I'm not at
liberty to say at the moment (of course), but expect to see the system up
and running by the middle of July.

We're also in dire need of advice for this system in case we missed
something. If you can contribute, please email me at
speedcandy@speedcandy.com . I'll try to give you more information if needed.