Re: Harrisburg Pro

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Harrisburg Pro
From: Karen Kraus <kiirenza@erols.com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 13:41:02 -0700
from the digest :

> Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 21:39:10 EDT
> From: TeamZ3@aol.com
> Subject: Re: Harrisburg Challenge Results
>
> Karen Kraus also won L1 over a bunch of notable drivers.  It would have been
> awesome if she'd have won all three, but it looks like she did a great job
> overall.
>
> Karen's performance clearly demonstrates the power of perserverance with the
> will to succeed.

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2000 22:19:49 -0400
> From: Eric W Clements <ewc4@juno.com>
> Subject: Re: Harrisburg Challenge Results
>
> On Sun, 18 Jun 2000 21:23:36 -0400 Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com> writes:
> > Karen Kraus in a Subaru Impreza (!) took the Ladies Challenge win
> - ---
> This (!) refers to the fact that all of us on the east coast have gotten
> really used to seeing Karen run her 4th gen Camaro in FS Open.  Very cool
> to hop in a new car and do so well.
>
>  mlc
> '91 MR2 NA
> (borrowing Eric's account...)

   It helps that Eric has set up that Impreza *very* nicely. Plus, I had help
from
the Raffertys with the "magic wheel chock" (sure helps with confidence at the
lights -- neither of my red lights caught me too much by surprise). And, no,
despite what everyone is saying, I am *not* going down to the Subaru dealer this
week and trading in the Camaro. The Impreza is nice, but it's a little down on
horsepower... ;)
     And I brought on the red light in the Honda Street Challenge myself. During
the competition rounds, and on my last Ladies Challenge run against Audrey
Harnish,
I'd been leaving when the second yellow went out, actually trying to move
*before*
the third yellow came on. This was evidently working pretty well, as I only
redlit
once in the competition rounds, and a lot of people gave me some crap about
"trying
to red light" a Challenge win away. Anyway, I knew I could go faster on both
sides
-- Eric had beat me during competition by about 0.5 on each side -- so that's
what
I was going to *try* to do. It just didn't work out that way. I *knew* I had
staged
a tad deeper that time than before, so....  But, come on, like that $250 wasn't
going to go to Eric anyway! ;)
     I can't thank Eric enough for the opportunity to drive his car. It really
was
a blast. For those who know what is going on in my family right now, you know I
was
running for my uncle this past weekend, and that made the wins that much more
special to me.

Karen Kraus
1996 Camaro Z28 1LE (FS34) -- on vacation for the summer like it's owner!

--

"You never get away, you only get someplace else."
     -- Lovka's Dilemma

"No matter what they're telling you, they're not telling you the whole truth."
     -- Todd's Principle

"The best view of your soul is from beyond the edge, looking back."
     -- No Fear

http://www.erols.com/kiirenza/trisk