Re: 1/4 Mile

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 1/4 Mile
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 21:30:44 EDT
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com [mailto:dg50@daimlerchrysler.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 12:13 PM

<<Here's a new, argument-free thread:

What's the best your autox car has done the 1/4 mile in?

I'll start:

R/T: .512
60': 1.691
330':     5.186
1/8: 8.156 @ 83.50
1/4: 12.749 @ 105.39

DG >>

I guess I will help prvoe thw wheel spin top speed theory.

13.8 at 105 mph
60 foot time was a horrible 2.7 seconds.
It spun the tires all the way through 2nd and kept chirping them in third.
Dry rotted Comp T/A HR4's running at 3 degrees of camber have no grip at all.
Most runs where right at 14 flat just over 100 mph at the trap.

This is my STU car from last year, 83 Toyota Celica GT-S with a turboed 22R
making about 300 hp @ 5800 rpm at 12 psi of boost. Torque is over 300 lb ft
from under 3000 rpm to over 5000 rpm. It pulls to over 7000 but is falling
off.

Gary M.