Re: Let's draft a revised C&C! (was: Re: Shift knobs/C&C (was:YAESPP))

To: Eric Moon <info@scca-susq.com>
Subject: Re: Let's draft a revised C&C! (was: Re: Shift knobs/C&C (was:YAESPP))
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 11:24:37 -0400
Eric Moon wrote:
> At 07:20 AM 6/6/00 -0700, Arthur Emerson wrote:
>> My interpretation of the C&C rule is to allow mods like
>> cupholders, foglights, stereos, gauges, and other things
>> that the driver will not interface with on a Solo-II course.
>> If the driver interfaces with it, whether it is seats,
>> steering wheel, pedals, pedal covers, shift knob, and
>> aftermarket dead pedals, it's not a C&C item.
>
> There's one that I have a problem with---Gauges!

Arthur, I think your phrasing is an excellent starting point -- C&C
allows modifications that the driver will not interface with on a
Solo II course.

Gauges don't fall into that category, Eric -- you do interface with it,
visually, on course.

Of course, that phrasing doesn't really quite cover the sun visor
question -- often people like to remove them because they obscure some
of their vision, particularly for tall drivers in short cars like
Miatas.

I'd rather come up with a rule, rather than a list, though it's okay
to cite examples.

Mark