another AX incident

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: another AX incident
From: TeamZ3@aol.com
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 16:21:27 EDT
just so all the Team.net back seat drivers with 20/20 blindsight don't go
cross-eyed from boredom :-), there was an incident at the Petersburg Pro Solo
on Saturday when a STS Saturn lost a rear wheel while negotiating some rather
fast offset gates.  Sorry to inform you that despite all the possibilities
the driver was physically unhurt, the car didn't appear to suffer any
significant damage, no course workers were in danger for their lives, no
spectators were killed by the loose wheel, or anything else for you to argue
incessantly over and over about (though I'm sure that won't stop you from
trying :-(.

While the initial assumption was that the lugnuts weren't tightened it was
later stated that the left rear wheel hub broke.  So no matter matter how
safe you make the world stuff happens and it can happen to you without
warning or invitation.

ps:  my other woosy-half, Mark a., wanted me to say congrat's to all the
winners and thanks to all those who worked their butts off at the Petersburg
Pro, and a special get-well to Ms. Cindy who was under the weather all
weekend.

mAs