RE: SP Pony Cars

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SP Pony Cars
From: "Hollis, Andy" <ahollis@origin.ea.com>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2000 09:24:40 -0500
Hmmm...this is starting to sound just like 1993 when the RX7TT was classed
into SS, the previous domain of the Corvette.  Prior to that, SS was one of
SCCA's most highly subscribed classes with a long legacy of parity despite
Detroit's constant evolution of the marque.  Interesting also because the
"turf invader" was again an import and the class was previously all American
iron.  I'm hearing the same predictions as to future impact on the class
(i.e. it will kill a longstanding, large-size class), and even the same
suggestions for those being potentially outclassed (take your car up a
category).  So where did all those old SS C4 Corvettes go (answer = away
initially, and later BSP).

Just some observations.  No conclusions.

--Andy