RTFM

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RTFM
From: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:30:11 -0400
<<<If you want to avoid the possibility of two cars ever colliding on
course, then we simply have to ditch the ProSolo format, and for Tours
(and this would include all Divisionals and regional stuff too), make
it
truly a "solo" event, and never have more than one car on course at a
time. Period. If you want to avoid the possibility of car damage at
all,
then make sure that any lot you right on contains no light poles,
curbs,
concrete parking markers, "islands," wooden post-borders, concrete
pylon-borders, drainage ditches, or the like. Make sure the course
contains no tight slaloms, no negative camber turns, no decreasing
radius turns, nothing that might cause the car to spin, roll or
otherwise go out of control. Heck, why don't we all just leave our
cars
in our driveways?>>>

>From 1994 Rulebook (sorry I'm cheap):

2.1B The course, as layed out , shall contain no holes, loose gravel,
gratings, oily spots, or other dangerous features. Dips that could get
the car airborne shall not be included.

2.1C The course boundary shall not normally pass closer than 25 feet
from solid objects.

2.1D Negative cambered turns will be avoided if at all possible.

2.1G Cars on the course simultaneously shall not run in close
proximity to each other.

Paul Foster