Site Issues

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Site Issues
From: rjohnson@friendlynet.com
Date: Sat, 20 May 2000 21:41:46 -0500
  After only one month of serving as landlord/leasing agent
for the marvelous site at Grissom AFB, Peru IN  I am even
more amazed that anyone has the 'sufferance' to allow us on
any site.

  In just this short month, the problems have been endless:

 -damage to (my) personal property to the tune of $500 or
so.
 -major lease terms ignored, to the detriment of future use
of the site.
 -entrants crossing an active military runway, ignoring
clear warning                       signs prohibiting same,
putting the site at MAJOR risk.
 -entrants speeding and making excessive noise on the
access roads.
 -accusations of usury in the rental rates (btw: National
event weekend                       = $1250, Divisional =
$625, Regional = $312.50  --  total
for three days.)
 -clubs insisting on free additional days for set-up.
 -and more.

  I must confess I am totally disgusted with "us" and how
we treat the most important, most valuable resource to our
program.

  Roger (Ohio) Johnson