Re: Karts, Junior, shifter etc.

To: "autox- ba Email list" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Karts, Junior, shifter etc.
From: Jim Ourand <sojim@home.com>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2000 22:40:39 -0700
Most karting events are wheel-to-wheel, solo events are not.  For a
parent wanting to get their kids (grandkids) involved in motorsports,
what better venue than a parking lot course, approved by a safety
steward, with course workers, insurance, and attentive, knowledgeable
event management.  After watching the kids (including 8 year old Amanda)
at the San Diego National Tour;  if asked to vote today, I would vote
YES to the junior karts.

A great many motorsport "greats" and "legends" started in karts and
worked their way up.  Why not let our kids start in a sport that we
enjoy; and find their own destiny from the opportunity that we gave
them.

As for the shifter karts, someone said the "experiment failed".  We've
also experimented with trucks and that failed also; so why not do what
was done for the trucks, add them to established classes just in case
some shows up with one and wants to run.

Jim