F125 please don't go away

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: F125 please don't go away
From: Priebe17@gateway.net
Date: Sat, 13 May 2000 11:18:58 EDT
Speaking from experience the karts are safer than you think!!

Last weekend I got to test out how good the equipment is.  Team Tool is a
kart team some of us soloists and a couple road racers have put together.  We
were racing at Mid Ohio last weekend.

I ended up pushing turn 11 (thunder valley) a little to much.  When you crest
turn 11 you  are airborn on a kart.  Well I went a little to fast and slid
out to the curbing which crossed my kart up and I hit the wall at I don't
want to even know what mph!!

I ended up with some road rash on my shoulder from hitting the wall and a
minor scratch on my elbow.  I feel lucky, but I got away pretty unscaved.
The suit was barely torn on my shoulder, about a half size dollar hole, and
no other damage. Considering the suit brushed the wall, and protected me as I
slid down the track.

For those that think the kart will flip, I disagree.  I rode with my kart the
first time it hit the wall, then I got slung out.  My kart did a 180 and hit
the wall with the other side and came to rest.  I bent the axle on both sides
and the kart did not flip.  And trust me I was going a lot faster than you
would on a solo.

So minus hitting the wall I would have had no scratches on my body, and I
slid further on concrete than a solo kart racer would.

After being on two wheels in a neon and thinking of the safety you wear in
solo I feel I would have been hurt more rolling the neon.  And I was probably
doing 40 mph in the neon.

--Brian Priebe