Re: A-Mod

To: jemitchell@compuserve.com
Subject: Re: A-Mod
From: MBD96@aol.com
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 17:24:56 EST
In a message dated 12/24/99 1:53:46 PM Central Standard Time,
jemitchell@compuserve.com writes:

<< Not only does that not represent any explicit statements I have made on
 this subject, it fails to paraphrase any intended message.>>

If you choose to take that general statement about some of the opinions
voiced by many (about special treatment for AM) in this long thread as
directed at you, I can't stop you.

 <<So do I. Since you bring up the rulebook, you are no doubt aware that
 the rules don't contemplate the _elimination_ of a class. The specific
 wording is "that class will be consolidated or restructured..." >>

Gee Jay, when AP was last "restructured or consolidated", as you call it, a
few years ago what happened?  What happened was FP was "eliminated".  The
same rules applying to classes today applied then.  Now the AP cars DID have
a place to go without significant rule changes.  AM wouldn't be so easy.  The
purpose of the 'consolidation and restructuring rule' is to eliminate
undersubscribed classes as defined by their participation levels at the Solo
II Nationals.  If you want to think otherwise I can't stop you from that
either.

Bruce (argue all you want on that point but I WAS awake in the meeting where
the 'restructure and consolidation' rule was discussed and adopted) Dickey