South Bend, IN Snow Series

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: South Bend, IN Snow Series
From: Bill Ozinga <oz@tirerack.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 14:14:52 -0500
If you're in CenDiv and are getting an itch to autocross, South Bend Region
has a three event Snow Series starting soon.

The dates are:
Jan. 9
Jan. 23
Feb. 13

All events are held at The Tire Rack.

We run in any conditions and the deeper the snow the better. Classing is
fwd, rwd and 4wd. The only restriction is that studs are only allowed behind
the wheel of the car, none in the tires.

These events are *very* fun oriented. We don't even bother with timers, just
hand held stopwatches and you get assigned a car# on a paper plate that you
hold up at the start line. If you aren't having fun, you should be DQ'ed!

To be eligible for the points series, you must run all three events, and we
score on cumulative time over the three events. We've done this for a
somewhat odd reason...we don't want the Engstroms (yes, those Engstroms) to
show up with their AM car for two dry pavement events and skipping the snow
covered event and be able to win the series without running in the snow.
(We'll even run in spite of good weather :-)

If you've never autocrossed in the snow, you've got to try it. Even the
worst run can give you a serious case of the giggles!

Special invite for Katie Kelley. Yes, I'll find you a ride, pick you up at
the airport and even put you up for the night. Bring the flower decals,
they'll look just fine on my ride. I'll be stealing my wifes New Beetle
(even if I need to send her out of town for the weekend to get my hands on
it - it's got to be better than the Miata).

If anyone needs more info or directions, let me know.

Bill Ozinga - webmaster@tirerack.com
Webmaster - The Tire Rack
http://www.tirerack.com
Ph.(888)541-1777 or (219)287-2345