East Texas autocross event-Feb 12

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: East Texas autocross event-Feb 12
From: "Craig Daugherty" <cmdaugherty@tyler.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 07:50:14 -0800
    It's not too early to be planning for your first event of 2000. Sports
car enthusiasts in Tyler, Texas have formed a new club, the East Texas
Sports Car Club, and have grown to 70 members in a few months time. Although
autocross is not the exclusive focus of the club, we have planned a driver's
school on Feb 12 and an event on Feb 13 to introduce our members to the
sport and are hoping that many of you will come for the fun and show the
locals how it's done.
  We're calling it "Cone Freeze" in honor of the Texas Region divisional
called "Cone Melt" held in August. The site is a large asphalt parking lot
at our local convention center. Roger "the Real" Johnson is designing the
course and Texas and Red River Region SCCA will provide the technical
assistance. The weather in East Texas in Feb is usually perfect, so come on
down.
    Details can be found at the club website, www.etscc.org.