car-o-scope

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: car-o-scope
From: BDMar@aol.com
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 20:23:03 EST
I realize that I'm catching the tail end of this thread, but it strikes me
that the car-o-scope is a lot like the horoscopes that have been debunked in
various ways, one being the classroom experiment where the professor handed
out custom-made horoscopes to the class members.  After the students were
amazed to find that the horoscopes were remarkably accurate, the prof
"discovered " that he had handed them out incorrectly, and when they were
given to the person for whom they were prepared, they were equally accurate.
Even in a spirit of fun, however, it appears that the accuracy problems
relate to the fact that the selection list is not complete or esoteric enough
to truly match the eclectic vehicles of the subscribers to this list.  My
daily driver is a 92 SHO, for which there is no listing, so I had to choose
"Taurus".  As Phil Ethier will testify, I more than qualify for "old fart"
status; like most members of this list, I scored high on flakiness, auto
involvedness, and risk-taking.  I didn't really think I was that cheap,
however. The result:  Buick Roadmaster, I30, Vista, Subaru SVX, 505.
So if I'm too old for the Taurus, what would the car-o-scope say if I had
been able to list my fun car/autocrosser (when it's running)--a 1984 Dutton
Phaeton?!
Brian R. Martens
BDMar@aol.com