Re: Hummer Specs

To: Auto Cross <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hummer Specs
From: Bob Dickey <bdickey1@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 1999 07:35:19 -0600
In this month's "American Motorcyclist" magazine, a company in
California (where else) is converting Kawasaki KLR 650's to diesel for
the US Army and Marines. For those not into bikes, the KLR is a single
cylinder 'dual purpose' motorcycle. In other words, it is designed for
both road and off road use. The Marines have been using gasoline powered
KLR 250's for recon and messenger duty. The new diesel KLR 650's are
replacing them in 2000 so that in-the-field fuel supply is simplified.
Autocross content: I raced motorcycles for years before I took up
autocross. These cars lean the wrong way. ;^)
--
Bob / http://www.geocities.com/panthercity/
Simple Solutions http://www2.netcom.com/~bdickey1/SS.html