RE: This is team.net, not an english class!

To: ConeChasr@aol.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: This is team.net, not an english class!
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 17:06:20 -0800
I would just think that if you're trying to make a point, it would only be
made stronger if you used a language understandable (and tolerable) to all.
I'm not knocking all the shortcuts, but not everyone finds them easy to
read, and in fact, I think it demonstrates a certain amount of laziness and
even arrogance, as in, "I'm much too important to use complete sentences. If
the reader wants to understand me, he'll have to decypher my code." The
error in this logic is, unfortunately, that not too many people want to read
through the code, so your thoughts will go unread or misunderstood. Look at
our dear friend Mr. Bultemeier, one of the most misunderstood on this list.
If he ever took the time to review his grammar, we might actually find him
as humorous, and dare I say, CHARMING, as he is in person.

Having never met you, Adam, I bet you're just as charming and pleasant as
the next guy, so I'm speaking in general terms; however, generally speaking,
if you really want to make a point, good sentence structure and spelling
will only help, electronic forum or not.

Katie

Josh S. and I have been discussing our recent steps into OLD AGE, so I can
talk like this.