WTB and questions: Used race tires - 245/45R16

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: WTB and questions: Used race tires - 245/45R16
From: "Steven N. Burkett" <sburkett@ooi.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 14:38:53 -0600 (CST)
As per the subject...  I've got my wheels, now I need tires.  I'm trying
to keep costs down, so I'm trolling for used tires.

Next year will be my first year on race tires (this year was my first
autocrossing).  I will be attending 12-14 regional events, one National
Tour event, and possibly Nationals.

If anyone has a set of used tires in a 245/45R16 (225/50R16 also
considered) that will get me through that season, I'm interested.

Or tell me that I have to buy new to make it through the season, and I
will.  I'm thinking I'll try the Yokohama A008RSII's, unless I am
overwhelmingly talked out of it.  I drive a '93 RX-7 in SS.

Thanks in advance for any leads or advice.

Steven