DRLs, etc.

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: DRLs, etc.
From: Russ Bowlus <rcbowlus@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 13:39:43 -0800 (PST)
--Justin Hughes wrote:
>But in most of the rest of the world, there's plenty
>of sunlight during
>the
>day, year round.  Your Wisconsin scenario is a point
>well taken - I've
>had
>it happen occasionally in my travels around New
>England, where I live.
>But
>how often does this happen in Florida?  Texas?
>Arizona?  Wipers on,

Areas such as Texas, Arizona, California, the plains
states get to deal with heat haze and dust instead.  A
dark car on an asphalt highway in the middle of an
August afternoon is not as visible as one might think.
 Especially head-on (i.e. when you're passing).

-Russ
98 Civic EX Coupe #69...no DRLs, but I turn on my
headlights on the freeway and on country roads.