Re: SWAY BARS????

To: "'Don Miller'" <turbospl311@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: SWAY BARS????
From: Robert Glover <rob@f-body.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 1999 13:40:38 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 11 Oct 1999 Smokerbros@aol.com wrote:

> Are you ready to throw all the stock vehicle classifications away for 3-4
> years while we all develop our swaybars and change the relative
> competitiveness of the cars?  Some cars will be helped immensely by this
> change, others considerably less.
>
> Are you proposing that both ends have free swaybars?  If so, are you ready to
> put a 1.75" bar on the front and a 1.25" bar on the rear to increase the
> spring rates and make your car handle great?  I guarantee there will be
> someone who will go to Speedway Engineering and build $800 worth of swaybars
> to make it handle better, then put it on a trailer so they don't have to
> drive it on the street.

I was thinking of this also, and thought, okay, what if the rule read so
that the swaybar that can be changed can only be changed on the opposite
end of the drive wheels.  That means rear-drivers change the front bar, as
they do now, and front drivers can change the rear bar.  That way we don't
totally ruin the classification process as it exists now, and it would
benefit the front drivers, without affecting the rear drivers.

Rob