Event at Hallett

To: autox@autox.team.net, KCautox@onelist.com, wichita-scca@autox.team.net
Subject: Event at Hallett
From: AutoX200@aol.com
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 17:54:24 EDT
    Well, since a lot of people seem to be interested in doing an event at
Hallett, this is what we have figured on.  I have sat down with a few other
people and have talked at length on what all we would have to do to get this
thing going and what it would cost us.  I am not at liberty to discuss the
price of the track fee at this time, but I am allowed to say that it is less
than what is quoted on the website. (considerably).  Now, the insurance would
not be a problem with Crown.  Our insurance carrier has different views on
things and us using a track is more to there liking than us running on
parking lots with curbs.  The insurance rate for us would be the same as what
we normally pay for a local event here.  So, we are looking at event fee's
around the $30 to $40 dollar range.  The number of responses would dictate on
how the event was run.  We would run the event as a Solo II type deal with
each car having to pass the required techs and be able to fall into one of
the SCCA Classes.  The way the event would be run is either A: you go out and
make one lap for time then come off track and wait till your next lap or B:
you go out make a warm up lap, then take four laps for time, then the last
lap would be cool down.  Then you are done.  After all cars have run like
this then we would possibly have fun run type deals later.  Let me know on
what you guys think of this and all it needs is enough interest in it to get
the ball rolling.  We wouldn't be able to do this type of event till sometime
next year.

Paul Poore
Secretary
Crown Autocross Club