Re: Hi New to the List

To: Loren Williams <Loren@kscable.com>
Subject: Re: Hi New to the List
From: SunRider <SunRider@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 14:11:47 -0400
>An offset change of more than .25 inches would not be legal for Stock
>class.  All other wheel dimensions must remain exactly stock for Stock
>class.

Hi Loren, I just found that out and to make it tougher very few
companies make a 15 x 6 wheel with the right offset. I do want to
stay stock too.

>I can try.  If you're talking about the Rota Circuit 8-spoke wheels, I

Those are the ones, too bad they are 15 x 6.5 instead of 15 x 6.

>just put a set on my Saturn. (by the way, you can get them $20 cheaper
>(per wheel) through Victoria Tire... just be sure to tell them that you
>expect all of the wheel accessories or they'll try to get by without
>sending them!)  They actually look pretty good on the car.  A very

Thanks, we have a place here that I just found out about and
they are very competitive to Tire Rack and are 40 min away from
me. But I'd have to use them on the street and not the track due
to the size difference.

>"open" design.  The hubcentric rings are used to center the wheel on the
>hub, not critical since most/all cars now use lugcentric wheels.  These
>"cnc machined" rings are made of plastic, by the way.

Ah ok, I get it now, thanks. :)

>Overall, they're a nice wheel at a good price, and very light.  Won't be
>legal for Stock class, though.  If you buy them for street use, you'll
>hate putting the (heavy in comparison) stock wheels back on for
>competition.

This palce called Rim Pro is looking into what is available and
they are really decent to deal with. They told me that very few wheels
are made in the 15 x 6 and that they would check it out for me.
I guess after you put a tire on a rim you can't return it.
Crazy stuff but I'll learn after a while. :)
Thanks for the help...

Steve Bernard
Mass Miata Club
Red '99 Miata - Sport Package (B-Stock)