gsr tire pressures

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: gsr tire pressures
From: Gent Matthew-EMG030 <Matthew_Gent-EMG030@email.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 08:20:06 -0400
I'm far from an expert, but I've run the same car with the same tires at 4
events.  It took 42 psi in the front to prevent the sidewalls from rolling.
Then play with the back to promote/prevent oversteer.  I ended up at 36-37
psi in the back.  At speed these pressures will feel loose, but you won't be
taking 70 mph sweepers at an autocross.

These tires are pretty horrible for an autocross.  The newer pilot xgt-v4
are stiffer and offer better grip.  This weekend I'm replacing the stock
tires with some nittos after deciding to buy some autocross tires.

Matt