Flipping tires (Hoosiers)?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Flipping tires (Hoosiers)?
From: Andy Nguyen <aqn@dev.tivoli.com>
Date: Wed, 26 May 1999 09:57:45 -0500 (CDT)
  Hi all,

  I *think* I have seen mentions of tires being "rotated" on the
  rim so the inside edge is now on the outside, in order to even
  out wear.  I am running Hoosier A3S03's on a Golf VR6.  The
  Hoosiers have "directional" arrows on one sidewall, saying:

    "rotation direction - left side >>>> <<<< rotation direction - right side"

  which dictates which side is the outside, and states that the
  tire is not directional.  I *think* the construction is
  symmetrical i.e. left side wall & right wall are constructed
  the same way.

  I plan to flip the tires around on the rim, so the outside is
  now inside.  Has anybody done that?  Anything bad happened?
  Thanks for any info.

--
Andy Nguyen \ aqn@tivoli.com \ Tivoli Systems, Austin, TX \ 512.436.8229
    "vi":  !}mmencode -u>file   decode a chunk of MIME stuff into "file"