fox mustang rear disc brakes

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: fox mustang rear disc brakes
From: Gent Matthew-EMG030 <Matthew_Gent-EMG030@email.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 08:10:15 -0400
I'm not going to go into legality and such, mainly because I don't know the
rules.  But I do know mustangs.

The easiest way to get rear discs (and gears at the same time) is to swap
rear ends out of mid-80s Thunderbird turbo-coupes.  They are both the 8.8
rear end, so that shouldn't be a legal problem.  Different years and
transmissions use either 3.55 or 3.73 ratios.  Its pretty easy to find a
complete rear at the junkyard for a couple hundred dollars.  It is
recommended to upgrade to the SVO/Lincoln master cylinder at the same time.

The only catch is that the track width is increased by .75" on each side.
This can be remedied by swapping axles back to the stock mustang ones, and
adding an adapter to move the caliper back into place.

I have complete instructions (not from me), email me privately if you want
them.

Matt