Re: What do you think of Kumho tires?

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: What do you think of Kumho tires?
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@execpc.com>
Date: Sat, 22 May 1999 08:25:49 -0500
"I also thought that Mike Taylor at CUT represented Kumho very well... I
don't see any Tire Rack trucks providing service support at the events.
...  The independent service suppliers tend to be more informed about
proper setup, because they're the ones at the events getting their hands
dirty with competitor feedback."

FWIW, in the 2 yrs I've been going to some of the bigger events I've
never seen a Kumho truck and only one BFG truck (this doesn't include
Nationals).  The only consistent support I see is for Hoosier (Tom,
Mid-Atlantic and Ron, R&S) here in the Midwest.  Is is different in the
South East?

On another note, I've been getting a lot of different answers to the
following question, so I may as well ask it here.  I know the R & L on
the Kumho's doesn't matter anymore, but can you flip the V700 over on
the rim (inside facing out) once the outer tread has worn down?  Some
folks say the sidewall on the inside of the tire is stiffer.

Thanks,
--
Jeff Cashmore
1995 Toyota Celica ST = HS = BFG's