new to list, tire size question

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: new to list, tire size question
From: Gent Matthew-EMG030 <Matthew_Gent-EMG030@email.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 09:55:36 -0400
Hey all, I'm new to the autox list, so please excuse any questions that have
already been asked.

I'm about to purchase some Kuhomo's to put on a spare set of rims for my 97
Integra GSR (GS).  They will be run on stock gsr rims, 15 X 6, I think 45 mm
offset.

Which size should I get, 205/50-15 or 225/50-15?  Will the extra width of
the 225 make up for the sidewall and diameter?  The OD shouldn't make that
much difference, I haven't had a hard time staying in second with the stock
195/55s.  The 225/50 is .4 larger OD and the 205 is .4 smaller OD than
stock.  I'm more worried about fitting on the rim and the extra sidewall
height through a tight slalom.

I've seen Miata guys running 225/50s on a 14 X 6 rim, so I figured I'd be ok
as long as they fit in the well.

Thanks for any input,
Matt