Re: ST rules clarification

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, <dg50@daimlerchrysler.com>
Subject: Re: ST rules clarification
From: "rexford booth, iii" <rboot8i7@mwc.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 11:58:17 -0400
*snip*
>On the Talon/Eclipse, the crankshaft drive pulley is an integral part of the
>harmonic dampener, unlike, say, a small block Chev V8 where the pulley bolts to
>the dampener.
>
>The Unorthodox pulley is a solid machined chunk of aluminum - no dampener.

That is why I went with AEM underdrive pulleys.  On Hondas (like mine), I don't
believe the balancer is attached to the crank pulley, however I wasn't willing
to chance it.  Besides, it would be a serious pain in the ass to install.  I've
heard of people having to drop the engine a little to get it on.  That's not
something I'm willing to do right now.
FYI, the AEMs are easy to install and attach to the alternator and the PS pump.
 They also come with belts that fit the new diameter pulleys.  Very convinient.
 If you have all the right tools available, it should only take about ½ hour to
do.  And they're only about $150.  Gains depend on your car, I suppose, but
mine were descent.  My butt-dyno is pleased.

Rusty Booth
92 Prelude SI CSP
rboot8i7@mwc.edu
http://students.mwc.edu/~rboot8i7/cars.htm