Re: FWD Gforce pressure/camber

To: Chris and Per Schroeder <schroede@interaccess.com>
Subject: Re: FWD Gforce pressure/camber
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Sun, 09 May 1999 21:44:31 -0500
Chris and Per Schroeder wrote:
> After 8 runs on the tires (after 100 miles of heat cycling)  I've noticed
> that the inside holographic tread is just about gone, and the outside is
> getting there (except for the outer most part of the outer shoulder, which
> is worn about as much as the inside blocks)

I have only the 5 runs from today on mine, so maybe it's too early to
tell, but the very little wear I see is pretty even.  (I have more
negative camber than you, started at 43 lbs, but let them creep up to
47.)  Could the extra inside wear be from your 100 miles of heat
cycling?  Seems to me that in AX only conditions, there is enough
cornering to even out the wear.  Folks who put on a lot of street miles
would probably see the inside edge wear much faster.  I guess I can't
really offer an answer about the pressures or camber.

> Oh, and they worked pretty well :-)

So far, I am very happy too.  Based on the tiny amount of wear on my
fronts after only 5 - 60 second runs, I do not see how anyone can
possibly report tire life of only 10 or 20 runs. Turn in is wonderful,
and they are every bit as grippy as the R-1's.  So far, so good.
--
Patrick Washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Wausau, WI     Land of Cheese