Re: Exhausted

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Exhausted
From: Tommy Regan <tommy_regan@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 20:40:56 -0700 (PDT)
Ron,

Get the long tubes.  IMO, don't mess with shorties.  Long tubes are a
pain to install, but well worth it!  If you plan on moving up to CP and
making lots of power, consider going to 1-3/4" primaries instead of
1-5/8".  You might lose a little low end for now, but it'll be worth it
later on when you slap on some heads and such.  FWIW, I'm running a
completely stock 5.0L with Texas Turbo full lengths and last time I
checked, the car pulled 250 rwhp.  Not stellar, but good for a stock
motor anyway....

I'd top it off with a 2.5" (or 3") x-pipe and some good mufflers
w/dumps if you can handle the drone.

Good luck,
Tommy

--- Ron Dillman <rdillman@cat2.com> wrote:
> What do you in these groups recommend for a toally new exhaust system
> for my 86 Mustang GT 5.0 that I use soley for autocrossing as ESP
> class
> (headed probably for CP) ?
>
> MAC are good headers I'm told, the equal length shorties or go full
> lenght?
> What about the piping from there back? If I go to the MAS shorties
> could
> I use the present pipes until funding is available for replacement?
>
> Ron

===
Tommy Regan
'87 Mustang CP #16