Re: Kumho's at drag strip

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Kumho's at drag strip
From: dg50@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Fri, 7 May 1999 08:00:41 -0400
TeamZ3@aol.com wrote:

> By far the best autox tire for the drag strip is the Hoosier AX compound.
> Lowering rear tire pressure to 18 psig allowed my previous E36 M3 to
> launch off the 7000 rpm rev limiter without wheelspin and record a 1.8
> sec 60 ft time.  Too bad I can't run them that low for Pro Solo.

Hee hee, I get 1.8 second 60' times off the stock Goodyear RSA's. Maybe you need
another set of drive axles or somptin' :)

I agree that stiff sidewalls are the enemy of dragstrip performance, so anything
BFG is out. Given the choice between an R1 and a street tire for drag racing, I
always took the street tire.

DG