Another Case of Miata Throttle Sticking

To: autox@autox.team.net, miata@realbig.com, spokes@ccsi.com
Subject: Another Case of Miata Throttle Sticking
From: mikelowe@pop.c-com.net
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 00:45:11 +0000
     The title says it all.  It happened to me today at an autocross.
 I was in third gear entering a braking zone before a turn.  My gas
pedal got stuck in a hole worn through the carpet.  Even at full
braking, my car skidded off course.
     To regain control of the car, I had to pull the shifter into
neutral and let the rev limiter do it's job .  After a little while,
the gas pedal freed itself.  I may have whacked it with my foot.  I
was a bit busy at the time to remember every detail.
     Time for duct tape.  Even Miatas need a bit of it.  :-)  I just
wanted to give every Miata driver another "heads up" on this problem.

Mike Lowe    mikelowe@phoenix.net    http://www.phoenix.net/~mikelowe
Texas A&M Sports Car Club    Houston Region SCCA    Miata Club of America
'96 Miata R   BS 93