Stock class wheel widths

To: "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Stock class wheel widths
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 10:34:15 -0500
Howdy all.

Whatever became of the vicious rumor (proposal?) that Stock class cars
were not gonna be allowed to run "any DOT approved tire" on rim widths
that weren't spec'd by the manufacturer for that tire?

Such as the BFG G-Force 225/50-14 tires being "spec'd" as usable on
6.5-8" wheels and the Hoosier radial 225/50-14s on 7" wheels although we
small car racers often squeeze them onto 6" wheels.

Has there been any further discussion/progression on this
rumor/proposal?

Just curious since my rock hard 225/50-14 Toyos are actually
manufacturer spec'd for 6-8" wheels and they're every bit as wide as the
BFGs and Hoosiers.

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

I'm your vehicle baby
I'll Take you anywhere you want to go
I'm your vehicle woman
By now I'm sure you know
That I Love you (love ya),  I Need you (need ya),
I want to, got to have your child
Great God in heaven you know I love you
"Vehicle" by The Ides of March