24 hour autocrosses?

To: "autox list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: 24 hour autocrosses?
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 08:36:49 -0500
I've read several times now about these 24 hour autocross events.

How does this work?  Are there still heats or is it just a first come,
first served deal?  How about workers?  I'm gonna assume that the event
site has lights.  Right?

Is this just basically a great big ol' test-n-tune session?  Does the
course get changed periodically or is it the same course over the entire
24 hours?

Gawd, how many different tires could one go through with 24 hours of
potential runs?  I realize that there may be an hour or more before your
next set of runs but dang, how many runs will a 24 hour event attendee
average?  Do people take naps in their cars?  I hope there's a
porta-potty on site.  ;^)

Night runs might really be fun, especially if you only run by ambient
light.

Sorry for the rant but this sounds like great fun!!!  Hmm, wonder if we
could do one here in KC?

See you on course.

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69DS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

I'm your vehicle baby
I'll Take you anywhere you want to go
I'm your vehicle woman
By now I'm sure you know
That I Love you (love ya),  I Need you (need ya),
I want to, got to have your child
Great God in heaven you know I love you
"Vehicle" by The Ides of March