Left foot heel & toeing or something

To: autox-digest <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Left foot heel & toeing or something
From: Loren Williams <lsw@southwind.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 06:29:55 -0500
Stan Whitney said:

> Never could master shifting at the apex, always felt like I needed to be in
> gear and on the throttle(at least a little) the minute braking was done -
> no coasting allowed in cars with less than 150hp.

I've been thinking about this lately.  I tend to do the same thing, it's
probably not always the fastest way around, but I've been powering
through corners for many years (and only autoxing for 3) and I'm used to
that particular "feel".

With limited traction available, what I'm wondering is if I could make
better use of the available front traction in a corner by braking a bit
less and flowing through the corner at minimum throttle instead of "as
much throttle as it will hold".

I do left foot brake, so I'm basically always on the gas to some extent.

Any further thoughts on this hard to define topic?

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://www2.southwind.net/~lsw
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca