Kumho Fine Points

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kumho Fine Points
From: Scott & Glenda Meyers <autox@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 09:17:16 -0700
Would someone with first-hand knowledge please e-mail me with how Kumhos are
constructed and tend to work on a stock car.

(1) Are they a symmetrical tire, able to be remounted inside out for wear
adjustment? Or are they asymmetrical, with one sidewall stiffer than another
(ala R-1's)?

(2) I'm already under the impression that they can be switched from left to
right, that the directional arrows are meaningless as in it is common to
receive three rights and one left tire (as mine were delivered...), or any mix
of lefts and rights. Is this true?

(3) Finally, I have also heard that turn-in is not as crisp(as BFG's) - is
this generally true, or course and car dependent? Do most folks have to adjust
the suspension to allow for this?

Thank you for sharing what you know.

Scott Meyers
Kumho 'newbie