Re: SOLO 1 - Closed vs Open ars

To: Phil Ethier <pethier@isd.net>
Subject: Re: SOLO 1 - Closed vs Open ars
From: Loren Williams <lsw@southwind.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 23:16:26 -0500

Phil Ethier wrote:

> I have rolled SAAB 96 cars in ice races on three occasions.  Once was the
> second occasion for the same car, and it was dandy.

Had a neighbor when I was in high school who drove a '73 Datsun B210.
That car was rolled twice, on two separate occasions, on the same curve,
by the same driver, in the same conditions (rain).  A few minutes with a
hammer and a new windshield was the only repair in either case.  I still
haven't convinced this guy to invest in a decent set of tires.

I rolled a Spitfire once... it behaved a little more like the Manta you
described.  Thankfully, only one of the A-pillars folded!

--
Loren Williams | Homepage - http://www2.southwind.net/~lsw
'94 Saturn SC2 | Wichita Region SCCA - http://www2.southwind.net/~scca